4 Replies
#1 | 11/18/2017
Theogorn

Level: 1
Theogorn
I do not know whether it is a bug, or if this needs approval, but whenever I try to customize my avatar and update my profile, the website reverts the settings to the default avatar.
#2 | 11/18/2017
Edherial

Level: 2
Edherial
Level: 2
Your new avatar needs to be square, for example 300x300 px. 301x300 won't work, also everything wider than 800 px will also fail.
#3 | 11/18/2017
Richard

Level: 4
Richard
The 800px maximum width requirement is to prevent the avatar from looking bad when scaled down. I'll try to make it so that it allows you to crop the image you upload and select what part of the image you want to be the avatar like Twitter and many other sites do.
#4 | 11/25/2017
Theogorn

Theogorn
Hey, I'm back here. For some weird reason, I tried to log in again on the site and it worked. and now I updated my avatar with another image than the one I originally tried with. I concluded that for some weird reason, the cause must just have been that particular file.
#5 | 11/26/2017
Richard

Richard
Glad to see you back!

It was a glitch with the login system, the problem wasn't your account. I've been trying to track it down and I believe I fixed one of the things that was causing it which has made it happen a lot less. However, it still occasionally occurs and I am working on fixing it.

Regarding your avatar, if it isn't too much trouble could you upload the one you were trying to upload to imgur or some other site so that I can fix the issue where the file wouldn't upload?

You must login in order to post in this topic.